Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Memorable 12

1. Gods and Generals, by Jeff Shaara. Because this was my I.D. Paper Book, I don’t think I have read anything else in such detail.

2. The Killer Angels, by Michael Shaara. This book was memorable because it opened my eyes to the amazing history surrounding the Civil War.

3. Life of Pi, by Yann Martel. This is a book different from any others I have ever read because of the power of its survival story and moving fiction.

4. Brisingr, by Christopher Paolini. This book I remember for the very annoying cliffhanger at the end.

5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows, by J.K. Rowling. As the final book in the Harry Potter series, this book pulled everything together.

6. American Slavery, American Freedom, by Edmund S. Morgan. This book was memorable because of how difficult it was to read and because it was the first historical analysis book I’ve ever read.

7. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain. This was the book I read at the hospital when I had pneumonia in junior year.

8. 1984, by George Orwell. A very interesting book that opened by eyes to the horror of living under an over-bearing government.

9. The DaVinci Code, by Dan Brown. This highly interesting book was what got me through long chemo days spent at Phoenix Children’s.

10. Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown. I simply could not put this book down; it was a definite page-turner.

11. Ender’s Game, by Orson Scott Card. This is one of the best science fiction books I have ever read.

12. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams. This was the last book I can remember made me laugh out loud.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, interesting list. Lots of variety. Seems like your interests run strongly to science fiction and history, with a fair number of thrillers thrown in. Also, it's clear that you have specific memories of the books that got you through your treatment when you were confined to bed for long periods of time. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete